The decision to publish all articles submitted to the journal belongs to the editor in chief. However, editors shape these decisions in line with the reviewers' recommendations.
The double-blind review process is the process of evaluating the work completely anonymously. In this system only the editor knows each stage. In this system authors do not know who the reviewer is, and the reviewers do not know whose work they are evaluating. Thus, biased evaluation of the work by the reviewers is prevented. In addition, since the author does not know the reviewers, he/she can not possibly get contact with the reviewer, and influence him/her through ‘special routes’. From this point of view, the double-blind review process is thought to provide objective evaluation and increase equal opportunity.
For these reasons, all studies submitted to Northwestern Medical Journal are subject to double-blind review. At least two reviewers expert in their fields will evaluate each submitted work. Every effort is spent by the editors for quick evaluation of the articles. The editor is the final decision-making authority in the evaluation processes of all articles.
Process, Editorial Assessment and Peer Review Policy
- The author must upload the file and copyright transfer form to the system in accordance with the writing rules to the journal website.
- The author follows the process, can view, revise, and resubmit the files, at the editor's request.
- The authors review the final copies and proofreader strings.
Editor-in-Chief and Editors
- Editor-in-Chief assigns an editor to the post to follow the editorial process.
- Submission Evaluation
- Post control,
- Review management
- Do not make an editorial decision
- Submission Editing
- Plagiarism report control
- Last copy post
- Layout and formatted strings
- Correct information.
- Issue Management
- Create the issue,
- Posts to be published
- Contents page editing
- Current Issue
- Items appear with reading tools in the relevant journal and external sources.
Journal Manager, Reviewers, Publisher and Proofreader
- Journal Management
- Journal setup and configuration, editor, review, page editor, and editor registration
- Rewiev Selection / Assignment
- Editor; makes review invitations from the database according to the area of ??interest.
- Assessment Management
- Review sends opinions such as revision requests or rejection.
- Checking for plagiarism
- Final Copy Correction
- The publisher company that makes the layout arranges the article according to its formats. Makes spelling checks.
- Submission Archiving
- For published and rejected items, the shipping process record is completed and archived.
- Journal Archiving